The Business of Travel & Tourism Convention 2018
Give your students an EXCLUSIVE insight of how Disneyland® Paris is managed
This is our annual highlight! For over 21 years we’ve been running the original student convention in Disneyland® Paris. Secondary school students from all over Ireland and the UK converge on Disneyland® Paris to gain a unique insight into how Disneyland® Paris is run.
Business leaders from different Disneyland® Paris departments present live and in person at the Gaumont Theatre in the Disney Village. Students get an exclusive insight into how Disneyland® Paris is run, helping them focus on the potential career options within the business and tourism industries and how the theory they learn in class is applied in a real-world situation.
This year, the Business of Travel & Tourism Student Convention will be held on Wednesday 5th December 2018.
|1||Depart Ireland early. We can arrange flights from a range of airports, but Dublin often offers the best value||Arrive into Paris and your coach will transfer you to your Disney hotel where you’ll meet the COGO team and check into your rooms. Exclusive evening welcome meal in Planet Hollywood for all.|
|2||Enjoy a full day in the two Parks. Remember, your Hopper Ticket lets you explore both Disneyland® Park & Walt Disney® Studios Park||This evening, you'll get the chance to see Buffalo Bills Wild West Show|
|3||Attend the Business of Travel & Tourism Convention in the Gaumont Theatre in the Disney Village®||Free afternoon to explore either Disneyland® Park or Walt Disney® Studios||Evening excursion into Paris with a Bateaux Mouche Seine river cruise of the city - for a unique perspective of all the great sights!|
|4||After breakfast check out of your accommodation||Take some time out at Val d’Europe Shopping Centre before embarking on your trip home||Arrive home|
What's included in your package price for Convention?
- Depending on your requirements, transportation via Air to Disneyland® Paris
- 3 nights stay in Bed and Breakfast Hotel Cheyenne onsite at Disneyland® Paris
- 2 Day 2 Park Hopper Ticket - you can access Disneyland® Park or Walt Disney® Studios
- Exclusive launch evening meal at Planet Hollywood in the Disney Village
- Evening excursion into Paris with a Bateaux Mouche Seine river cruise
- Entrance into Buffalo Bills Wild Wild West Show
- Fully comprehensive Travel Insurance
- 24/7 Emergency Support
What's the Convention about?
- We can exclusively offer you the opportunity to attend the longest running educational convention in Disneyland® Paris.
- This Convention has been running since 1995 and now 1,400 students attend the Disneyland® Paris Convention annually to hear from four senior Disneyland speakers deliver presentations to students in an informative, fun and interactive way.
- The presentations are curriculum led & cover many elements of the school syllabus
The 2018 Convention Speakers
This year we will be joined by the following Disneyland® Paris speakers*:
Gill joined Disney in 2003 and is now responsible for reaching customers in the EMEA region. Gill’s role also encompasses marketing responsibility for Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World. She applies the full marketing mix across all mediums and her presentation will bring students through this journey.
Tom took up his first position in Disney in 2011 when working on web development. He now holds the position of Digital Commerce & Production Manager where he’s responsible for growing business across desktop, mobile and eCommerce platforms. Tom’s presentation elaborates on how Disney does business online.
Dave’s first position with Disney was as publicity manager in 2009 and he’s now head of Publicity across the EMEA markets for Disney’s global destinations. Working with household names like the X Factor and Pride of Britain, Dave’s team is responsible for all PR and corporate communications for Walt Disney World & Cruise Line, as well PR for the UK and Ireland. Students will learn more about what goes into PR campaigns and the strategies that lie behind them.
New for 2018! This speaker will show the importance of understanding the customer in the hospitality business. After all, it's the Disney cast that make dreams a reality for their millions of guests each year.
* Whilst we do our utmost to ensure these speakers will be available on the day there may be a slight chance that we have to change speakers due to business commitments. We always ensure that speakers are informative and insightful.
Topics from Junior & Senior Cycles, GCSE, A Level & BTEC curriculum are covered in the speakers’ presentations.
Business Studies and Information & Creative Technology
- Managing a business
- Globalisation in International Business
- Understanding the nature and purpose of business
- Business Concepts, Objectives and strategic decisions
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Information & Creative Technology
- Exploring marketing in Travel and Tourism
- Marketing mix and strategy
- Marketing, people and global businesses in Business Studies
- Making marketing decisions
- Impact of technology on the marketing mix: e-commerce, digital communication
Press, Public Relations & Media
- Public Relations & Promotions in Travel & Tourism
- Website Development
- Creating Media
- Media Production Briefs
- Media Research and techniques
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Understanding customer service in Travel and Tourism
- Developing customer service in Travel and Tourism
- The Travel and Tourism Customer Experience
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- Resort Management
- Visitor Attraction Management